What we do...
What do Frank Sinatra, Harry Connick, Jr., Michael Buble, the Brian Setzer orchestra, and Count Basie all have in common? You can hear any or all of these when you make the Monroe Big Band a part of your special event.
Monroe Big Band, also known as River Raisin Jazz, has the variety in their repertoire for every occasion. Male & Female vocalists travel with the band.
- Want a danceable musical treat for your wedding reception?
- How about a summer festival concert to draw a crowd?
- Or music to make that special anniversary memorable?
- Need a band for an elegant fund-raising event?
MBB is a 16-piece jazz orchestra, plus vocalists, based in Monroe, MI, that performs in the Detroit-Ann Arbor-Toledo area. In addition to the sounds and style of big band music, MBB also sprinkles in some Latin, bossa, pop, and a little rock.
Feel free to explore our site for Music Samples, Band Members, Schedules, FAQs and other information about the band.
See us live!
As with any band, the best way to hear us is LIVE! We’ll be at the following places that are open to the public:
- The 3rd Tuesday of the month, we’re at the Harbor Inn & Ale in Monroe from 7:30pm to 9pm. No cover charge! Great food!
Check our Calendar page for complete information on particular dates.
For booking information, call (or email) Tim Lentner (firstname.lastname@example.org) at (734) 587-8175 during reasonable hours, Eastern time. Please leave voice mail if no one is able to answer the phone. A demo CD is available upon request.